At present, with brands and businesses that will be digital and shift to cloud storage, requests for cyber security are at their peak. With it came the request of Cyber security experts.
Cyber security experts help develop new ways to fight cyber threats. An expert can help businesses against cybercrime such as hacking, phishing, and online fraud.
A cyber security expert must have diverse and proficient skills in various skills, and Cybersecurity analyst continues. In this article, you will explore the top 5 cyber security skills that will help you enter the Cyber security field.
1. Networking And System Administration
Comprehensive knowledge of system administration is expected to start a profession in system administration. It’s all about maintaining and configuring computers. You will be proficient at every aspect of your computer’s settings and features.
Improving system administration will help you understand the technical aspects of data transmission, which help secure data.
Certification in CompTIA Security + and Cisco CCNA is useful for understanding the network.
2. Knowledge Of Operating Systems And Virtual Machines
As an expert in cyber security, you must feel comfortable with any operating system. Good knowledge of the operating environment such as Windows, Linux, and Mac OS is important. VMS or virtual memory can allow you to practice and feel comfortable when practising in an isolated environment.
Linux times is the most commonly known Linux distribution. It is used for testing penetration and ethical hacking. It accompanies many tools connected with penetration testing, malware analysis, security research, computer forensics, etc.
3. Network Security Control
The various steps used to improve network security are referred to as network security controls. How it works from various networks, how routers, firewalls, and other devices that work related to it.
Firewalls block traffic from the internet to your computer. It can be a hardware or soft device. A cyber security expert must use a firewall to prevent unauthorized traffic.
Next, you must know the intrusion detection system, the intrusion prevention system, virtual personal network (VPN), and remote access.
Having limited experience or not in coding can limit your future opportunities. You must have knowledge of coding in several languages.
Provided below is a list of coding languages that you can learn:
- C and C ++: This is a low-level programming language.
- Python: This is a high-level programming language that gets popularity that will help and improve vulnerabilities.
- Java Script: This will help prevent cross-site scripting attacks.
- HTML: Most websites use it and it is one of the easiest languages to learn.
- Other languages that you can learn are PHP, SQL, Go Lang.
5. Cloud Security
The more organizations seek cloud infrastructure to store data and run applications, logically includes implement policies that protect the system and cloud-based devices.
Cloud Security involves building a safe system from the start. People with experience in managing large platforms, such as AWS, Azure thus with high demand.
- Comprehensive knowledge of system administration is expected to start a profession in system administration.
- You must feel comfortable with any operating system and train VMS.
- How it works from various networks, how routers, firewalls, and other devices work relevantly.
- Having knowledge of the helpful coding language.
- Managing large platforms such as AWS, Azure to ensure Cloud security is an important skill.